9/6/17

Fall Banner with Makin's Clay

Hi everyone, I'm on the Makin's Clay Blog with a Fall Banner.




Supplies:

Makin's® Clay - White, Terracotta, Earth Tones, Brown
Makin's Professional® Cutting Mat
Makin's® Ultimate Clay Machine
Makin's® Texture Sheets
Makin's® Roller and Cutter Set
Beacon® Adhesive - Tacky Glue
Mod Podge Letter Mold
Spellbinders dies
Sizzix Dies
Canvas


Using the Earth Tones clays, I conditioned them and placed the green, brown and beige clays together.  I ran the clay through clay machine starting at setting 1 and ending at setting 5.


Place the clay between 2 sheets of wax paper, then use a Sizzix die to create the leaves.  Die cutting fresh clay does not harm dies and the wax paper keeps the clay from sticking to the dies.


I used Texture Sheets and the Clay Roller to add texture to each leaf then painted over the textured leaves with assorted colors of paint.


I condition white and brown clay and ran it through the clay machine as indicated above.  Then I used Spellbinders dies to die cut 4 scalloped circles from the white clay.  Again, since the clay was fresh, I placed it between 2 layers of wax paper first.  I allowed the brown clay to dry overnight, then die cut circles from the brown clay using Spellbinders dies.  Since the clay had hardened, there was no need to place the clay between 2 layers of wax paper.  Again the clay cut evenly and without issue. 
Using Beacon Adhesives, I adhered the brown circle to the white scalloped circle and then to the painted leaves.


Next I conditioned additional green clay and ran it through the clay machine as indicated above.
Since the clay was fresh, I placed it between 2 layers of wax paper and die cut it with Spellbinders dies.  Again, the wax paper protects the die and allows for easy die cutting.


To create the letters, I used a Mod Podge mold with Terracotta clay and placed them in the center of the brown circles.  Finally, I die cut acorns from scraps of white and brown clay dry clay using Spellbinders dies.  Using Beacon Adhesives, I adhered the acorns to the smaller leaves and placed them on the circles around the letters.


I cut assorted canvas banners, placed them on twine and added the leaves on top. 


    

Now I'm ready for fall.  Are you?




Thanks for stopping by.

Steph








No comments:

Post a Comment