8/18/17

Lighted Pumpkin

Hi everyone, I'm on the Proxxon blog today with an altered pumpkin.  I picked up this pumpkin sign last year knowing that I would be altering it this year.



I began by using the Delta Sander to create some texture on the pumpkin


I used the drill press to drill holes around the pumpkin. 


The drill press is so easy to use and I drilled holes around the edge.


Then I painted it with FolkArt Milk Paint in Tavern Ale.  Next, I dry brushed FolkArt Brushed Metal acrylic paint in Brushed Gold. 


While waiting for the pumpkin to dry, I created leaves from Makin'sⓇ clay.  After embossing texture on the leaves with Makin's Texture Sheets, I added assorted colors of  FolkArt paint, blending the colors with a baby wipe. 


Then I adhered the leaves to the pumpkin top and added some raffia. 


To finish the base, I adhered mesh along the bottom edge of the pumpkin and placed raffia on top.


Then I simply inserted the lights through the drilled holes.

This will be a great feature for Halloween.

Thanks for stopping by.

Steph


No comments:

Post a Comment