4/27/16

Friendship Lamp

Hi everyone, I had the pleasure of working with a new etchall® product - etchall® Lighten Up kit. 


This kit comes with everything you need to create your own lamp shade.

"Lighten" Up Kit

Once you take apart the kit, the included plastic guide can be used to cut paper or fabric of your choice that will perfectly fit the lamp shade.  I selected a piece of vellum and, using the plastic guide, cut out my shade.  Vellum is thin so I knew the light would shine through.


I added several layers of ribbon to decorate the edges and lightly inked them with Clearsnap ink.


Now that the shade was complete, I turned to my base.   For the base, I found a thin neck bottle and decided to etch a portion of a glass bottle.  I taped off the sections I did not want etched, then placed the bottle in a bucket of etchall® dip ‘n etch.


 
etchal dip 'n etch is reusable, so after 15 minutes I poured the it back into the jar so it's available for other projects.  Never waste a drop!


Etchall gives the glass some "teeth" so you can stamp images on the etched glass.  I stamped flowers and embossed them before adding color with art daubers.  Once cooled, I added yellow and orange to the flowers and placed some pearls in the flower centers.  I also added purple ink above and below the etched area.


There are so many different projects I can envision with the new etchall® Lighten Up kit. 

Thanks for stopping by today.

Steph

1 comment: